Jordan Strauss, Jordan Strauss/Invision/Associated Press
There’s a new trend hitting social media platforms after the Golden Globes.
And it’s inspired by Jennifer Lawrence photobombing Taylor Swift.
On Jan. 12 at the 2014 Golden Globes Awards, Lawrence, who went on to win Best Actress in a musical or comedy for her performance in “American Hustle” (2013), was dressed in a white gown with black stripes, described as a Dior Haute Couture dress. Lawrence’s appearance “was probably not a hit on the red carpet, and some have described it as looking like a comforter,” the Straits Times reported.
She started her night by walking up behind Swift, who was being interviewed, and made a face in the background. And now that face, coupled with the dress, is a hit across social media.
“Because the Internet can't resist a meme, the black-and-white Christian Dior dress sparked what could be the meme of awards season: #Lawrencing,” wrote Neha Prakash for Mashable. “All you need is some tape or rope and a white blanket or towel, and you've got yourself a red-carpet worthy look.”
Twitter and Instagram users are hitting out with their #Lawrencing photos. Celebrity Colton Hayner, known for his roles on TV shows “Arrow” and “Teen Wolf,” posted an Instagram picture of him Lawrencing during the Golden Globes’ award show, the New York Daily News said.
And then there’s a photo of Lawerence lawrencing in a scene from "Jurassic Park" by HitFlix, and another by Firehouse Subs that shows a served item dressed up in the Lawrencing attire.
But the buzz that blossomed from Lawrence’s photobomb and dress did not darken her spirits. She spoke to reporters during the awards show and told her followers, fans and the audience in general to “be strong” and not to “be a follower,” Mashable reported.
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- A dozen children's books I could read every day
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest... 1