Jordan Strauss, Jordan Strauss/Invision/Associated Press
There’s a new trend hitting social media platforms after the Golden Globes.
And it’s inspired by Jennifer Lawrence photobombing Taylor Swift.
On Jan. 12 at the 2014 Golden Globes Awards, Lawrence, who went on to win Best Actress in a musical or comedy for her performance in “American Hustle” (2013), was dressed in a white gown with black stripes, described as a Dior Haute Couture dress. Lawrence’s appearance “was probably not a hit on the red carpet, and some have described it as looking like a comforter,” the Straits Times reported.
She started her night by walking up behind Swift, who was being interviewed, and made a face in the background. And now that face, coupled with the dress, is a hit across social media.
“Because the Internet can't resist a meme, the black-and-white Christian Dior dress sparked what could be the meme of awards season: #Lawrencing,” wrote Neha Prakash for Mashable. “All you need is some tape or rope and a white blanket or towel, and you've got yourself a red-carpet worthy look.”
Twitter and Instagram users are hitting out with their #Lawrencing photos. Celebrity Colton Hayner, known for his roles on TV shows “Arrow” and “Teen Wolf,” posted an Instagram picture of him Lawrencing during the Golden Globes’ award show, the New York Daily News said.
And then there’s a photo of Lawerence lawrencing in a scene from "Jurassic Park" by HitFlix, and another by Firehouse Subs that shows a served item dressed up in the Lawrencing attire.
But the buzz that blossomed from Lawrence’s photobomb and dress did not darken her spirits. She spoke to reporters during the awards show and told her followers, fans and the audience in general to “be strong” and not to “be a follower,” Mashable reported.
- A black-and-white Valentine’s Day:...
- 'The People vs. OJ Simpson' is better than it...
- Chris Hicks: Academy Award rules change to...
- Down with love: 9 movies to celebrate Singles...
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a rhythm in...
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art tackles...
- 'Zoolander 2' is too little too late for Blue...
- Chris Hicks: Several 2015 theatrical films...
- 'Hail, Caesar!' struggles to hit a... 2
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art tackles... 0
- Game Review: Tumult Royale: It's tough... 0
- A black-and-white Valentine’s... 0
- Chris Hicks: Academy Award rules change... 0
- Gentri to perform in Valentine's Day... 0
- Down with love: 9 movies to celebrate... 0
- 'Zoolander 2' is too little too late... 0