I read Lisa Riley Roche's article, "Education groups endorse Count My Vote" (Jan. 14). The article included an opposition statement from James Humphreys, the public relations director for "Protect Our Neighborhood Elections." According to Roche, Humphreys said that it's hard to make the case that Utah schools are underfunded.
Really? We spend less on our children for education than all other states, Washington, D.C., and even Puerto Rico. It seems to me that it is hard to make the case that Utah schools are not underfunded. I can scarcely think of a better way for Mr. Humphreys to encourage voters to support Count My Vote than by making such an inaccurate comment.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 53
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 40
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 26
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18