ST. GEORGE — Thunder Over Utah officials confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Navy Blue Angels will appear at the air show July 26-27 at St. George Municipal Airport.
Flying their six blue and gold F-18 Hornets, the Blue Angels are ambassadors for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
As the headline performers at the inaugural Thunder Over Utah air show in 2012, the Blue Angels helped attract more than 45,000 attendees and brought in more than $2.5 million of economic impact to southern Utah, according to an air show news release.
In addition to the Blue Angels, civilian and military performers, classic military aircraft, displays and kid-friendly attractions will be announced soon.
Discounted tickets for the show are on sale now at www.ThunderOverUtah.com. The show will be offering its highest discount on tickets until Feb. 8.
This year, the air show will also offer a family day discount for all Sunday general admission tickets. Corporate participation/sponsor programs are also available, and additional information is available on the show's website.
Fans can also register at the site to receive updates about ticket information, performer additions to the show and other information. Ticket sales from the show will benefit several community organizations.
Some of the organizations that benefited from the 2012 show included the Boy Scouts of America, Dixie JROTC, Rotary and Western Sky Warbirds Museum.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11