ST. GEORGE — Thunder Over Utah officials confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Navy Blue Angels will appear at the air show July 26-27 at St. George Municipal Airport.
Flying their six blue and gold F-18 Hornets, the Blue Angels are ambassadors for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
As the headline performers at the inaugural Thunder Over Utah air show in 2012, the Blue Angels helped attract more than 45,000 attendees and brought in more than $2.5 million of economic impact to southern Utah, according to an air show news release.
In addition to the Blue Angels, civilian and military performers, classic military aircraft, displays and kid-friendly attractions will be announced soon.
Discounted tickets for the show are on sale now at www.ThunderOverUtah.com. The show will be offering its highest discount on tickets until Feb. 8.
This year, the air show will also offer a family day discount for all Sunday general admission tickets. Corporate participation/sponsor programs are also available, and additional information is available on the show's website.
Fans can also register at the site to receive updates about ticket information, performer additions to the show and other information. Ticket sales from the show will benefit several community organizations.
Some of the organizations that benefited from the 2012 show included the Boy Scouts of America, Dixie JROTC, Rotary and Western Sky Warbirds Museum.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15