ST. GEORGE — Thunder Over Utah officials confirmed Wednesday that the U.S. Navy Blue Angels will appear at the air show July 26-27 at St. George Municipal Airport.
Flying their six blue and gold F-18 Hornets, the Blue Angels are ambassadors for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
As the headline performers at the inaugural Thunder Over Utah air show in 2012, the Blue Angels helped attract more than 45,000 attendees and brought in more than $2.5 million of economic impact to southern Utah, according to an air show news release.
In addition to the Blue Angels, civilian and military performers, classic military aircraft, displays and kid-friendly attractions will be announced soon.
Discounted tickets for the show are on sale now at www.ThunderOverUtah.com. The show will be offering its highest discount on tickets until Feb. 8.
This year, the air show will also offer a family day discount for all Sunday general admission tickets. Corporate participation/sponsor programs are also available, and additional information is available on the show's website.
Fans can also register at the site to receive updates about ticket information, performer additions to the show and other information. Ticket sales from the show will benefit several community organizations.
Some of the organizations that benefited from the 2012 show included the Boy Scouts of America, Dixie JROTC, Rotary and Western Sky Warbirds Museum.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands man in...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 112
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 23
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 11