Mark Duncan, Associated Press
An opportunity to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games is no longer in 31-year-old Tracy Barnes' future, but according to the Durango Herald's John Peel, she considers it an honor to have given her spot on the U.S. biathlon team to her twin sister, Lanny.
“Tracy selflessly gave me her spot and told me to go to Russia and bring her back the medal in the individual. ... I am going to do my best to represent Tracy, Durango and our awesome country and bring home that medal for Tracy," Colorado-native Lanny said in an email to The Durango Herald.
- Viral video: Mom gives 3-year-old a chance to...
- Why breastfed babies are so smart
- 'The Avengers' was almost rated R
- Teen with traumatic brain injury making...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- Steve Eaton: Rare purchase on eBay brings...
- Is 'The Lego Movie' anti-capitalist?
- 'Need for Speed' is a guilty pleasure at best
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 31
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 23
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: Save the world,... 11
- Expose kids to diversity 6
- Target apologizes, takes down images of... 6
- Is 'The Lego Movie' anti-capitalist? 6
- Why breastfed babies are so smart 6
- Boys suffering from body image concerns 4