Mark Duncan, Associated Press
An opportunity to participate in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games is no longer in 31-year-old Tracy Barnes' future, but according to the Durango Herald's John Peel, she considers it an honor to have given her spot on the U.S. biathlon team to her twin sister, Lanny.
“Tracy selflessly gave me her spot and told me to go to Russia and bring her back the medal in the individual. ... I am going to do my best to represent Tracy, Durango and our awesome country and bring home that medal for Tracy," Colorado-native Lanny said in an email to The Durango Herald.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- Road Home to use Midvale shelter one more...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy... 5
- Parenting advice that changed my life 4