Free BYU campus distribution for Deseret News, Church News publications
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — Copies of the weekly Deseret News National Edition and LDS Church News are now available free in news racks across the BYU campus.
A university press release says BYU administrators "hope the publications will strengthen students’ lives and foster awareness of topics relevant to the campus community."
The Deseret News National Edition focuses on six areas of emphasis — faith, family, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education, and values in the media. Stories about those issues regularly focus on people and organizations whose work has led to solutions to difficult problems.
The National Edition is distributed similarly at more than 20 institutions, including BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDS Business College and the LDS institute at Utah Valley University.
It also is available for free pickup in racks around Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
It also is available via mail subscription for $20 a year.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Preliminary hearing set for Utah mom accused...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 30
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 14