Free BYU campus distribution for Deseret News, Church News publications
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — Copies of the weekly Deseret News National Edition and LDS Church News are now available free in news racks across the BYU campus.
A university press release says BYU administrators "hope the publications will strengthen students’ lives and foster awareness of topics relevant to the campus community."
The Deseret News National Edition focuses on six areas of emphasis — faith, family, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education, and values in the media. Stories about those issues regularly focus on people and organizations whose work has led to solutions to difficult problems.
The National Edition is distributed similarly at more than 20 institutions, including BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDS Business College and the LDS institute at Utah Valley University.
It also is available for free pickup in racks around Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
It also is available via mail subscription for $20 a year.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- Obama expected to stay overnight in... 55
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 41
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- School leaders look for solutions to... 26
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 16
- San Diego woman wins damages against... 15