Free BYU campus distribution for Deseret News, Church News publications
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — Copies of the weekly Deseret News National Edition and LDS Church News are now available free in news racks across the BYU campus.
A university press release says BYU administrators "hope the publications will strengthen students’ lives and foster awareness of topics relevant to the campus community."
The Deseret News National Edition focuses on six areas of emphasis — faith, family, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education, and values in the media. Stories about those issues regularly focus on people and organizations whose work has led to solutions to difficult problems.
The National Edition is distributed similarly at more than 20 institutions, including BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDS Business College and the LDS institute at Utah Valley University.
It also is available for free pickup in racks around Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
It also is available via mail subscription for $20 a year.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11