Free BYU campus distribution for Deseret News, Church News publications
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — Copies of the weekly Deseret News National Edition and LDS Church News are now available free in news racks across the BYU campus.
A university press release says BYU administrators "hope the publications will strengthen students’ lives and foster awareness of topics relevant to the campus community."
The Deseret News National Edition focuses on six areas of emphasis — faith, family, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education, and values in the media. Stories about those issues regularly focus on people and organizations whose work has led to solutions to difficult problems.
The National Edition is distributed similarly at more than 20 institutions, including BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDS Business College and the LDS institute at Utah Valley University.
It also is available for free pickup in racks around Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
It also is available via mail subscription for $20 a year.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8