Free BYU campus distribution for Deseret News, Church News publications
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
PROVO — Copies of the weekly Deseret News National Edition and LDS Church News are now available free in news racks across the BYU campus.
A university press release says BYU administrators "hope the publications will strengthen students’ lives and foster awareness of topics relevant to the campus community."
The Deseret News National Edition focuses on six areas of emphasis — faith, family, care for the poor, financial responsibility, excellence in education, and values in the media. Stories about those issues regularly focus on people and organizations whose work has led to solutions to difficult problems.
The National Edition is distributed similarly at more than 20 institutions, including BYU-Idaho, BYU-Hawaii, LDS Business College and the LDS institute at Utah Valley University.
It also is available for free pickup in racks around Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
It also is available via mail subscription for $20 a year.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11