Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students looking to earn Master of Business Administration degrees will now have an online option at the University of Utah, school officials announced Tuesday.
The David Eccles School of Business MBA Online program will require the same application standards and will be taught by University of Utah faculty, while providing students with a convenient, interactive and on-demand format for their studies.
"We are very excited to launch the MBA Online program here at the U.,” University of Utah President David W. Pershing said in a prepared statement. “The MBA Online program will provide students who can’t attend traditional on-campus courses the opportunity to earn a degree from our prestigious business school off campus.”
The program will reportedly provide interactive learning experiences for students through the use of multimedia-enhanced lectures and video conferencing to allow for discussion between students. Applications for the fall 2014 semester are currently being accepted.
"The introduction of our new MBA Online program shows that we understand how important choice is to our students,” David Eccles School of Business Dean Taylor Randall said in a prepared statement. “The incredible opportunities provided by evolving technology will allow our faculty to work and interact with students in a new way, no matter where they are in the world.
"As students move from a traditional classroom environment into the online world, we are committed to providing the same world-class instruction and forward-thinking education for them as we do for the students here on the University of Utah campus," Randall said.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17