Jordan Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Students looking to earn Master of Business Administration degrees will now have an online option at the University of Utah, school officials announced Tuesday.
The David Eccles School of Business MBA Online program will require the same application standards and will be taught by University of Utah faculty, while providing students with a convenient, interactive and on-demand format for their studies.
"We are very excited to launch the MBA Online program here at the U.,” University of Utah President David W. Pershing said in a prepared statement. “The MBA Online program will provide students who can’t attend traditional on-campus courses the opportunity to earn a degree from our prestigious business school off campus.”
The program will reportedly provide interactive learning experiences for students through the use of multimedia-enhanced lectures and video conferencing to allow for discussion between students. Applications for the fall 2014 semester are currently being accepted.
"The introduction of our new MBA Online program shows that we understand how important choice is to our students,” David Eccles School of Business Dean Taylor Randall said in a prepared statement. “The incredible opportunities provided by evolving technology will allow our faculty to work and interact with students in a new way, no matter where they are in the world.
"As students move from a traditional classroom environment into the online world, we are committed to providing the same world-class instruction and forward-thinking education for them as we do for the students here on the University of Utah campus," Randall said.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Merged resorts relying on familiar feel to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 138
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35