Damian Dovarganes, Associated Press
This year could prove to be ideal for those waiting to sell their house, according to MarketWatch’s AnnaMaria Androitis.
“Bidding wars are once again common, and homes are routinely going for well over the asking price in some cities,” Androitis wrote in her article “This is the year to sell your home.”
“These trends make it seem like a return to the go-go days of the housing boom,” she wrote, adding that with the unemployment rates dropping and an increase in consumer confidence, “more buyers are entering the housing market and sellers are finding that they have more leverage in negotiating the going prices of their homes.”
- How expensive is your ego?
- Beware: Tax season is scam season
- Elizabeth Warren: Tax millionaires to...
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- Balancing act: Lunch breaks make for a tasty...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- For women, lower grades might mean more money
- Borrowers using student loans for cash, not a...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 16
- Elizabeth Warren: Tax millionaires to... 7
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 4
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 4
- For women, lower grades might mean more... 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1