Toby Talbot, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — After a period of falling gas prices, Utah’s motorists are starting to see upward movement at the fuel pump.
The average price per gallon for regular gasoline in Utah is $3.13, which is 8 cents higher than last month and 29 cents higher than a year ago. Currently, a dozen states have lower average prices than Utah.
Most of the Utah cities tracked by AAA reported increases, with the exception of Vernal and St. George. The lowest average price statewide is $3.10 per gallon in Logan, Ogden and Salt Lake City, with the highest reported average price, $3.26, in St. George.
Nationally, the average price is $3.31 per gallon. Midwestern states, bearing the brunt of extreme winter storms, have seen dramatic increases in their average prices this past week, with some increases of more than 20 cents per gallon.
“Extremely cold weather caused refinery issues in some areas, and prices increased as a result,” AAA Utah spokeswoman Rolayne Fairclough said.
The report shows that Hawaii registers the highest average price in the country at $4.02 per gallon — the only state to top $4. Connecticut has the highest price in the lower 48 states, at $3.69 per gallon, while Missouri and Montana share the lowest average price at $3.02 per gallon.
No state reported an average price under $3 per gallon.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9