It is troubling but not surprising that the Obama administration would weigh in on the same-sex marriages that have been put on hold by a Supreme Court ruling. Until this issue has been ruled on by the judicial branch, the executive branch has absolutely no business intervening. According to the U.S. Constitution, the judicial branch interprets the laws, whereas the executive branch enforces the laws.
We have an executive branch that is all too willing to ignore the Constitution. I urge our governor and attorney general to push back against a federal government that is increasingly tyrannical.
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- My View: Protecting Moab through a Master...
- Arthur Cyr: How Harry Potter creator trumps...
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- In our opinion: Drone use must be regulated...
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner Trump...
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic economics in...
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment
- Letter: Founders and 2nd Amendment 93
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 44
- Letter: Climate change disagreements 42
- Letter: Knowledge about guns 30
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Ignoring basic... 28
- Kathleen Parker: Has penitent sinner... 25
- In our opinion: California considering... 23