It is troubling but not surprising that the Obama administration would weigh in on the same-sex marriages that have been put on hold by a Supreme Court ruling. Until this issue has been ruled on by the judicial branch, the executive branch has absolutely no business intervening. According to the U.S. Constitution, the judicial branch interprets the laws, whereas the executive branch enforces the laws.
We have an executive branch that is all too willing to ignore the Constitution. I urge our governor and attorney general to push back against a federal government that is increasingly tyrannical.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 54
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 45
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 29
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18