It is troubling but not surprising that the Obama administration would weigh in on the same-sex marriages that have been put on hold by a Supreme Court ruling. Until this issue has been ruled on by the judicial branch, the executive branch has absolutely no business intervening. According to the U.S. Constitution, the judicial branch interprets the laws, whereas the executive branch enforces the laws.
We have an executive branch that is all too willing to ignore the Constitution. I urge our governor and attorney general to push back against a federal government that is increasingly tyrannical.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26