Courtesy Utah Highway Patrol
GARDEN CITY, Rich County — A woman was killed and two others injured after a car crash in Logan Canyon Monday.
Becky Green, 58, of Garden City, died in the accident.
At 10:38 a.m., Utah Highway Patrol troopers responded to a head-on collision on U.S. 89 near milepost 495 about three miles from Garden City, according to Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. Todd Royce.
A Chevrolet Suburban was heading north on the highway toward Garden City. While navigating a curve traveling about 35 to 40 mph, the driver ran into a snow drift and slick roads, said UHP Lt. Lee Perry. The driver tried to slow down and lost control of the vehicle, veering into southbound traffic.
The driver of a GMC Sierra heading southwest spotted the Suburban and drove as close to the right side of the road as he could, driving up against the metal guard rail, according to troopers.
The two vehicles collided head on. Green, a passenger in the GMC, was not wearing a seat belt and died at the scene. According to Royce, Green had a medical condition that made wearing a seatbelt difficult.
Both drivers suffered minor injuries and were both treated at Logan Regional Hospital and later released.
The Rich County Attorney's Office will determine whether the driver of the Suburban will face charges, Perry said.
He encouraged drivers to use caution when navigating curves.
"You have to slow down. If you come into a situation where you start to feel like you're loosing control, the best thing to do is take your foot off the gas and steer," Perry said. "Brakes are really your enemy."
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18