BYU-Hawaii basketball: Riverton alumni Scott Friel earns Final 5 award from PacWest
Kenny Cox, BYU-Hawaii Athletics
Friel, out of Riverton, Utah, had to step up for the Seasiders who were without their usual two big men for part of last week. The 6-foot-5 Friel played every position on the floor at some point and averaged 9.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.3 steals in a 2-1 week for BYU-Hawaii.
In a comeback victory in overtime, Friel posted a double-double with 11 points and 11 boards against Dominican, following it up with 12 points and nine rebounds against Point Loma.
Kenny is a BYU graduate, currently working as BYU-Hawaii's sports information director. Follow the Seasiders on twitter at @BYUHathletics
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- College football countdown No. 39: BYU...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 52
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 50
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23
- Backfield to the future: Hill, Williams... 12