Mitt Romney dances on stage with Mormon artist Alex Boye at YSA event (+video)
Former presidential candidate Mitt Romney attended a regional conference for young single adults in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The conference was held at Arizona State University on Jan. 11 and featured other prominent Latter-day Saints, including Thurl Bailey and Vai Sikahema.
Romney spoke about obstacles and how success can only come from loving God and his children. But what many in attendance are sure to remember is what happened later that night during a concert put on by Mormon artist Alex Boye.
As shown in a YouTube video, at one point in the concert Romney joined Boye on stage, and the singer began to instruct Romney on a dance move. According to Boye, he was teaching Romney the "Gangnam Dance."
Although it was only for a few seconds, the audience erupted with enthusiasm for the politician's willingness to participate and many caught the moment on video.
Conference attendees also shared their reactions on Twitter.
Using the hashtag #azysaconference, many other young single adults shared their experience at the conference on Twitter and Instagram.
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 256
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 105
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 40
- LDS Church releases statement after... 28
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- Is there too much faith in college... 12
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 8
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins... 8