New York Times best-seller and world-renowned blogger Stephanie Nielson posted several statements regarding her beliefs as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to her site, NieNie Dialogues, on Jan. 10.
"I have come to a few conclusions these past few days," Nielson shared in her post.
"I feel like if I am not proactive in sharing how I feel then I am not being true to who I am, to my family, my duty as a mother and blogger, and most importantly to God. First and foremost, I stand with and will defend my Mormon faith."
Nielson's personal blog has detailed her life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body.
This past weekend, Nielson also shared her beliefs with some 4,000 young single adults at a regional conference for members of the LDS faith held at Arizona State University.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- First Presidency Easter Message
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir celebrates Easter...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- Watch: Mormon Tabernacle Choir performs...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 78
- Zeroing in on religious hubs, atheists... 78
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- The Book of Mormon claims No. 1 spot on... 51
- How much did President Obama donate to... 46
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Tipping points:... 37