Stephanie Nielson stands up for Mormon faith in blog post, 'I will stay true'
New York Times best-seller and world-renowned blogger Stephanie Nielson posted several statements regarding her beliefs as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to her site, NieNie Dialogues, on Jan. 10.
"I have come to a few conclusions these past few days," Nielson shared in her post.
"I feel like if I am not proactive in sharing how I feel then I am not being true to who I am, to my family, my duty as a mother and blogger, and most importantly to God. First and foremost, I stand with and will defend my Mormon faith."
Nielson's personal blog has detailed her life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body.
This past weekend, Nielson also shared her beliefs with some 4,000 young single adults at a regional conference for members of the LDS faith held at Arizona State University.
- Pope embraces Al-Azhar imam in sign of...
- Methodists postpone debate of gay issues that...
- How Ben Shahn's art anticipates Bernie Sanders
- Meet Jewish America's first ambassador to...
- Throwback Thursday: 6 lies early returned...
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women on...
- Archbishop: Anti-Semitism 'embedded' in...
- Religious freedom is good for business,... 29
- LDS missionary who returned home early... 23
- LDS leaders OK slacks for Mormon women... 18
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod?... 13
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11
- ... 8
- Throwback Thursday: 6 lies early... 8