Stephanie Nielson stands up for Mormon faith in blog post, 'I will stay true'
New York Times best-seller and world-renowned blogger Stephanie Nielson posted several statements regarding her beliefs as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to her site, NieNie Dialogues, on Jan. 10.
"I have come to a few conclusions these past few days," Nielson shared in her post.
"I feel like if I am not proactive in sharing how I feel then I am not being true to who I am, to my family, my duty as a mother and blogger, and most importantly to God. First and foremost, I stand with and will defend my Mormon faith."
Nielson's personal blog has detailed her life as a young mother and the dramatic changes that took place after she and her husband were involved in a plane accident that burned 80 percent of her body.
This past weekend, Nielson also shared her beliefs with some 4,000 young single adults at a regional conference for members of the LDS faith held at Arizona State University.
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 59
- Religious, political leaders in... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 15
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15