Some Salt Lake residents are now worked up over horse-drawn carriages operating in the tourist-attractive Temple Square area of the city, seeking to have them banned. It appears that Councilman Charlie Luke has proposed a reasonable compromise that would allow the visitor friendly practice to continue, under closer city direction.
At the same time, we have a multitude of Salt Lake Valley residents rightly worked up over poor air quality. I suggest they all get together and seek a ban on horseless carriages (cars). That way, our air quality would improve by 50-70 percent, and the horse-drawn carriage business would really take off!
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 32
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18