Some Salt Lake residents are now worked up over horse-drawn carriages operating in the tourist-attractive Temple Square area of the city, seeking to have them banned. It appears that Councilman Charlie Luke has proposed a reasonable compromise that would allow the visitor friendly practice to continue, under closer city direction.
At the same time, we have a multitude of Salt Lake Valley residents rightly worked up over poor air quality. I suggest they all get together and seek a ban on horseless carriages (cars). That way, our air quality would improve by 50-70 percent, and the horse-drawn carriage business would really take off!
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 61
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 21