Some Salt Lake residents are now worked up over horse-drawn carriages operating in the tourist-attractive Temple Square area of the city, seeking to have them banned. It appears that Councilman Charlie Luke has proposed a reasonable compromise that would allow the visitor friendly practice to continue, under closer city direction.
At the same time, we have a multitude of Salt Lake Valley residents rightly worked up over poor air quality. I suggest they all get together and seek a ban on horseless carriages (cars). That way, our air quality would improve by 50-70 percent, and the horse-drawn carriage business would really take off!
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- This year's most popular editorials
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20