Some Salt Lake residents are now worked up over horse-drawn carriages operating in the tourist-attractive Temple Square area of the city, seeking to have them banned. It appears that Councilman Charlie Luke has proposed a reasonable compromise that would allow the visitor friendly practice to continue, under closer city direction.
At the same time, we have a multitude of Salt Lake Valley residents rightly worked up over poor air quality. I suggest they all get together and seek a ban on horseless carriages (cars). That way, our air quality would improve by 50-70 percent, and the horse-drawn carriage business would really take off!
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 23