Some Salt Lake residents are now worked up over horse-drawn carriages operating in the tourist-attractive Temple Square area of the city, seeking to have them banned. It appears that Councilman Charlie Luke has proposed a reasonable compromise that would allow the visitor friendly practice to continue, under closer city direction.
At the same time, we have a multitude of Salt Lake Valley residents rightly worked up over poor air quality. I suggest they all get together and seek a ban on horseless carriages (cars). That way, our air quality would improve by 50-70 percent, and the horse-drawn carriage business would really take off!
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26