Utah Highway Patrol
BEAVER — A Las Vegas man died after his car crashed into a tree and then flipped onto its roof.
The man was driving a green Hyundai north on I-15 when his car swerved off the road just after 12:30 p.m. and hit a tree near milepost 119 near Beaver, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Lawrence Hopper. The car then flipped onto its roof.
The man was thrown partially out of the vehicle, according to Hopper. Investigators are unsure why the car drove off the road, but think the man may have suffered from a medical episode, such a seizure, Hopper said.
Passers-by stopped to give chest compressions to the man, Joseph Chase, 41, who was the only person in the car, Hopper said. They continued compressions for an unknown amount of time after medical personnel responded.
Chase was driven to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 23