Utah Highway Patrol
BEAVER — A Las Vegas man died after his car crashed into a tree and then flipped onto its roof.
The man was driving a green Hyundai north on I-15 when his car swerved off the road just after 12:30 p.m. and hit a tree near milepost 119 near Beaver, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Lawrence Hopper. The car then flipped onto its roof.
The man was thrown partially out of the vehicle, according to Hopper. Investigators are unsure why the car drove off the road, but think the man may have suffered from a medical episode, such a seizure, Hopper said.
Passers-by stopped to give chest compressions to the man, Joseph Chase, 41, who was the only person in the car, Hopper said. They continued compressions for an unknown amount of time after medical personnel responded.
Chase was driven to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17