Utah Highway Patrol
BEAVER — A Las Vegas man died after his car crashed into a tree and then flipped onto its roof.
The man was driving a green Hyundai north on I-15 when his car swerved off the road just after 12:30 p.m. and hit a tree near milepost 119 near Beaver, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Lawrence Hopper. The car then flipped onto its roof.
The man was thrown partially out of the vehicle, according to Hopper. Investigators are unsure why the car drove off the road, but think the man may have suffered from a medical episode, such a seizure, Hopper said.
Passers-by stopped to give chest compressions to the man, Joseph Chase, 41, who was the only person in the car, Hopper said. They continued compressions for an unknown amount of time after medical personnel responded.
Chase was driven to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9
- North Ogden to make Nativity display... 8