Utah Highway Patrol
BEAVER — A Las Vegas man died after his car crashed into a tree and then flipped onto its roof.
The man was driving a green Hyundai north on I-15 when his car swerved off the road just after 12:30 p.m. and hit a tree near milepost 119 near Beaver, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Lawrence Hopper. The car then flipped onto its roof.
The man was thrown partially out of the vehicle, according to Hopper. Investigators are unsure why the car drove off the road, but think the man may have suffered from a medical episode, such a seizure, Hopper said.
Passers-by stopped to give chest compressions to the man, Joseph Chase, 41, who was the only person in the car, Hopper said. They continued compressions for an unknown amount of time after medical personnel responded.
Chase was driven to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 96
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9