Utah Highway Patrol
BEAVER — A Las Vegas man died after his car crashed into a tree and then flipped onto its roof.
The man was driving a green Hyundai north on I-15 when his car swerved off the road just after 12:30 p.m. and hit a tree near milepost 119 near Beaver, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Lawrence Hopper. The car then flipped onto its roof.
The man was thrown partially out of the vehicle, according to Hopper. Investigators are unsure why the car drove off the road, but think the man may have suffered from a medical episode, such a seizure, Hopper said.
Passers-by stopped to give chest compressions to the man, Joseph Chase, 41, who was the only person in the car, Hopper said. They continued compressions for an unknown amount of time after medical personnel responded.
Chase was driven to the hospital, where he was declared dead.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Man injured in police shooting identified
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18