Utah Jazz: Jazz recall Rudy Gobert, Ian Clark from D-League
Matt Gade, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz were already planning on calling their two rookies back up from their D-League assignment with the Bakersfield Jam on Sunday.
But, boy, did Rudy Gobert make it very easy for them to make that decision official.
The 7-foot-1 center had a massive game Saturday night with 23 points, 14 rebounds and two blocked shots, leading the Jam to a 113-106 win over the Maine Red Claws.
Clark contributed 10 points and seven assists in the final game of the two players' second D-League stint in the past month.
Both Gobert and Clark returned to Utah on Sunday and are expected to be available for action Monday night against Denver.
Gobert, taken late in the first round of last June's draft before being traded to Utah from Denver, has shot an incredible 74.1 percent and averaged 13.9 points in eight D-League games. He's also pulled down 11.4 rebounds and blocked 3.0 shots per contest for the Jam.
Clark, signed to a free agent deal after being named the MVP of the Las Vegas Summer League, has averaged 12.4 points, 5.3 assists and 3.3 rebounds in eight D-League games.
NOTES: Jazz small forward Marvin Williams participated in Sunday's full-contact practice without the face mask he's worn since having his broken nose reset seven weeks ago. He'll decide Monday whether or not he'll wear the mask against the Nuggets. ... This game against Denver ends a relatively quiet stretch of just two games in nine days for Utah, which plays four games in the next six nights. ... The Jazz have improved their 3-point percentage from 29th overall (30.0 percent) after their 1-14 start to 16th (35.3 percent).
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7