The women’s team secured five more first place finishes Saturday at the BYU Invitational, with freshman Lauren Baxter dominating the 60m and 300m.
"I felt good about my performances," Baxter said. "I felt like it was a good start to the season. It was my first meet, it was a good experience and I'm excited for the rest of indoor season."
In the mile race, Andrea Nelson Harrison led a pack of six Cougars across the line, finishing in first with a time of 5:04.50. She was followed by Jennica Redd who finished in 5:06.59 and Erika Reddish with a time of 5:08.50.
In addition to Baxter winning the 60m race with a time of 7.71,Katherine Jensen finished behind her in second place at 7.74.
“Baxter won two events and that was very nice for her,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “As a freshman she was a two time champion for us today and I was very pleased with her performance.”
The women clinched the 4x400m win when Angela Shields brought the team up from second to first in the final leg of the race. The team consisted of Sara Wilson, Allysa Hansen and Andee Shelton with a time of 3:53.50.
Chloe Richardson won the triple jump competition with an 11.57m (37-11.5) jump.
The Cougars will travel next to Albuquerque to compete in the New Mexico Invitational on Jan. 18.
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Old Wagon Wheel live coverage: BYU at Utah State
- BYU men's basketball: Kyle Collinsworth,...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 60
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 29
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 23
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best... 22
- Deseret News Sports Podcast: Is BYU-USU... 21
- BYU-Utah State is a rivalry again due... 20
- Cougars relish opportunity to play... 17