Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is making another change to his staff on offense.
Last month, former Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen was named offensive coordinator in a shuffle that led to Dennis Erickson and Brian Johnson being assigned as position coaches for the upcoming season. They were also co-offensive coordinators in 2013.
Now comes confirmation that Dan Finn will not be retained as the offensive line coach after two seasons on the job.
According to an unattributed source on coachingsearch.com, former Wyoming assistant Jim Harding is a strong candidate to replace Finn. Harding was on Christensen’s staff at Wyoming for the past five seasons.
Whittingham was unavailable for comment Saturday evening to confirm or deny the report.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 26
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25