Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is making another change to his staff on offense.
Last month, former Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen was named offensive coordinator in a shuffle that led to Dennis Erickson and Brian Johnson being assigned as position coaches for the upcoming season. They were also co-offensive coordinators in 2013.
Now comes confirmation that Dan Finn will not be retained as the offensive line coach after two seasons on the job.
According to an unattributed source on coachingsearch.com, former Wyoming assistant Jim Harding is a strong candidate to replace Finn. Harding was on Christensen’s staff at Wyoming for the past five seasons.
Whittingham was unavailable for comment Saturday evening to confirm or deny the report.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 20
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at... 19