Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham is making another change to his staff on offense.
Last month, former Wyoming head coach Dave Christensen was named offensive coordinator in a shuffle that led to Dennis Erickson and Brian Johnson being assigned as position coaches for the upcoming season. They were also co-offensive coordinators in 2013.
Now comes confirmation that Dan Finn will not be retained as the offensive line coach after two seasons on the job.
According to an unattributed source on coachingsearch.com, former Wyoming assistant Jim Harding is a strong candidate to replace Finn. Harding was on Christensen’s staff at Wyoming for the past five seasons.
Whittingham was unavailable for comment Saturday evening to confirm or deny the report.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22