She asked the congregation where they look for guidance. “Is it to the world or is it to prophets, seers and revelators?”
Sister Dew spoke of traveling to Africa without asking proper questions about what to expect. “It pays to learn everything we can learn. It is a mistake not to learn everything we can learn.”
She also recalled having an access card that would open many doors at church headquarters but not understanding the access that card could give her. “I was oblivious to what was available to me.”
She asked the young single adults if they were walking about and not utilyzing things the Lord has already given them.
She said there are certain things that are absolutely true. “We must learn as much as we can about what is absolutely true so we are not deceived,” she said.
Sister Dew told the young adults that “the greatest foundation any of us can seek after is knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ.” That knowledge requires “immersion in his gospel.”
“It is absolutely true there is power in the Lord Jesus Christ to help us deal with anything in our lives.”
Young single adults in Arizona have been waiting months for the conference. ASU sophomore Dustin Tenney signed up for the conference on the first day it was available.
So did Bekki Hood, an ASU senior. She didn’t want to miss the opportunity to be with other young single adults. The conference “is the time that we really test our testimonies and see where we are on our spiritual progression,” she said.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer on trek...
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the Exodus...
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 60
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 42
- What does the Mormon 'temperature'... 39
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 27
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 13