Utah Jazz: C.J. Miles' return to his first NBA home 'a little better' this time around
Corbin worked extensively with Miles when he was an assistant coach after the youngster was drafted 34th overall in the second round of the 2005 draft and then as the player’s head coach for just over a season after Sloan resigned.
When asked how influential the current Jazz coach was to his development, Miles quickly responded: “As big as anybody.” He remembered spending time, lots of time — "after the game, before practice, after practice, everything" — with Corbin.
“That’s who taught me a lot of things as far as offensively playing off the ball because coming out of high school I played with the ball in my hands a lot. I had to learn the system," Miles said.
“Defensively, he just put a bug in my ear about playing hard all the time and that was what was going to get me playing time. He was just as influential as Coach Sloan.”
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- Defensive effort, accountability among Utah...
- BYU football players like the variety, travel...
- 10 with ties to Utah set for NBA Summer...
- LeBron James says he's returning to Cavaliers
- Utah Jazz have until Sunday night to match...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 285
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 124
- Is independence a viable option for... 123
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 31
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 27
- Big turnout of fans buoys Jazz 17
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 14