Unified Police Department
MIDVALE — Police are again asking the public for help identifying a mustachioed man robbing banks along the Wasatch Front.
The man is believed to be connected to seven robberies and one failed attempt since Dec. 6, including three Midvale banks Friday.
In each case, the man presented a note demanding money to a teller and fled on foot, according to Unified police. He has not displayed or threatened to have any weapons.
Police describe the man as Hispanic or Caucasian, between 20 and 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall and of medium build. The man has some facial hair growth and has used varying combinations of a fake beard and mustache. He usually wears some kind of cap or knit hat.
The man entered U.S. Bank at 8100 S. State — which he had also robbed on Dec. 23 — shortly after 3 p.m. Friday and demanded cash. He fled when the teller told him someone would be with him in a moment.
About 30 minutes later, he successfully robbed Zions Bank, 159 W. Center St., and an hour later robbed First Utah Bank, 7070 S. State, police reported.
Additionally, the FBI is looking into robberies in Ogden, 3225 Harrison Blvd., and Woods Cross, 1520 S. 500 West, believed to have been executed by the same man.
Police said the man should be considered dangerous. Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the FBI Salt Lake City Division at 801-579-1400, Unified police at 801-743-7000 or Ogden police at 801-395-8221.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15