Unified Police Department
MIDVALE — Police are again asking the public for help identifying a mustachioed man robbing banks along the Wasatch Front.
The man is believed to be connected to seven robberies and one failed attempt since Dec. 6, including three Midvale banks Friday.
In each case, the man presented a note demanding money to a teller and fled on foot, according to Unified police. He has not displayed or threatened to have any weapons.
Police describe the man as Hispanic or Caucasian, between 20 and 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall and of medium build. The man has some facial hair growth and has used varying combinations of a fake beard and mustache. He usually wears some kind of cap or knit hat.
The man entered U.S. Bank at 8100 S. State — which he had also robbed on Dec. 23 — shortly after 3 p.m. Friday and demanded cash. He fled when the teller told him someone would be with him in a moment.
About 30 minutes later, he successfully robbed Zions Bank, 159 W. Center St., and an hour later robbed First Utah Bank, 7070 S. State, police reported.
Additionally, the FBI is looking into robberies in Ogden, 3225 Harrison Blvd., and Woods Cross, 1520 S. 500 West, believed to have been executed by the same man.
Police said the man should be considered dangerous. Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the FBI Salt Lake City Division at 801-579-1400, Unified police at 801-743-7000 or Ogden police at 801-395-8221.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24