Unified Police Department
MIDVALE — Police are again asking the public for help identifying a mustachioed man robbing banks along the Wasatch Front.
The man is believed to be connected to seven robberies and one failed attempt since Dec. 6, including three Midvale banks Friday.
In each case, the man presented a note demanding money to a teller and fled on foot, according to Unified police. He has not displayed or threatened to have any weapons.
Police describe the man as Hispanic or Caucasian, between 20 and 30 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall and of medium build. The man has some facial hair growth and has used varying combinations of a fake beard and mustache. He usually wears some kind of cap or knit hat.
The man entered U.S. Bank at 8100 S. State — which he had also robbed on Dec. 23 — shortly after 3 p.m. Friday and demanded cash. He fled when the teller told him someone would be with him in a moment.
About 30 minutes later, he successfully robbed Zions Bank, 159 W. Center St., and an hour later robbed First Utah Bank, 7070 S. State, police reported.
Additionally, the FBI is looking into robberies in Ogden, 3225 Harrison Blvd., and Woods Cross, 1520 S. 500 West, believed to have been executed by the same man.
Police said the man should be considered dangerous. Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the FBI Salt Lake City Division at 801-579-1400, Unified police at 801-743-7000 or Ogden police at 801-395-8221.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13