Matt Gade, Deseret News
FARMINGTON — The Davis Board of Education postponed adopting a 2014-15 school year calendar during its regular meeting Tuesday.
The board is seeking public comment on the calendar.
Board members said they had heard from several patrons concerned about the proposed one-day spring break. District employees were then directed to draft a proposal that includes a multiday spring break.
Board members would like to receive public input on that proposed calendar. The calendar and a survey regarding the proposal are available on the school district’s website, www.davis.k12.ut.us.
Comments will be taken until 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13