Bad air is not a political issue. It isn't a conservative vs. liberal discussion. Bad air quality affects all of us — red or blue. I am a transplant to Salt Lake, which means I made a conscious choice to move here for the great educational opportunities, strong economy and outdoor activities.
I don't want to leave but I might have to make that choice based on what is healthy for my family. I don't understand how large families with deep roots in this area refuse to face the issue of bad air quality and fight it. For some of you, your families have lived here for generations. You won't make a choice to leave so I would think you would want to clean up your environment. Please make it a priority. Start the conversation where it might not have started without you.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 27