Bad air is not a political issue. It isn't a conservative vs. liberal discussion. Bad air quality affects all of us — red or blue. I am a transplant to Salt Lake, which means I made a conscious choice to move here for the great educational opportunities, strong economy and outdoor activities.
I don't want to leave but I might have to make that choice based on what is healthy for my family. I don't understand how large families with deep roots in this area refuse to face the issue of bad air quality and fight it. For some of you, your families have lived here for generations. You won't make a choice to leave so I would think you would want to clean up your environment. Please make it a priority. Start the conversation where it might not have started without you.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the...
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- Jay Evensen: Don't let an apocalypse-free...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 40
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21