Bad air is not a political issue. It isn't a conservative vs. liberal discussion. Bad air quality affects all of us — red or blue. I am a transplant to Salt Lake, which means I made a conscious choice to move here for the great educational opportunities, strong economy and outdoor activities.
I don't want to leave but I might have to make that choice based on what is healthy for my family. I don't understand how large families with deep roots in this area refuse to face the issue of bad air quality and fight it. For some of you, your families have lived here for generations. You won't make a choice to leave so I would think you would want to clean up your environment. Please make it a priority. Start the conversation where it might not have started without you.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28