Bad air is not a political issue. It isn't a conservative vs. liberal discussion. Bad air quality affects all of us — red or blue. I am a transplant to Salt Lake, which means I made a conscious choice to move here for the great educational opportunities, strong economy and outdoor activities.
I don't want to leave but I might have to make that choice based on what is healthy for my family. I don't understand how large families with deep roots in this area refuse to face the issue of bad air quality and fight it. For some of you, your families have lived here for generations. You won't make a choice to leave so I would think you would want to clean up your environment. Please make it a priority. Start the conversation where it might not have started without you.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our frank...
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- Letter: Bad calls and no-calls
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 134
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 30
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25