Bad air is not a political issue. It isn't a conservative vs. liberal discussion. Bad air quality affects all of us — red or blue. I am a transplant to Salt Lake, which means I made a conscious choice to move here for the great educational opportunities, strong economy and outdoor activities.
I don't want to leave but I might have to make that choice based on what is healthy for my family. I don't understand how large families with deep roots in this area refuse to face the issue of bad air quality and fight it. For some of you, your families have lived here for generations. You won't make a choice to leave so I would think you would want to clean up your environment. Please make it a priority. Start the conversation where it might not have started without you.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26