4 arrested in alleged kidnapping, murder plot over drug debt
WEST VALLEY CITY — Four people were booked into jail for investigation of kidnapping and shooting a man found dead near Snowbasin this week.
Police Thursday identified the man as 34-year-old Cleat Aaron Knight, who they believe went missing from West Valley City around Nov. 23. Knight wasn't reported missing until Dec. 8 when family members notified South Salt Lake Police.
The search led police to Knight's body Tuesday.
Four people have been booked into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of the plot that police say stemmed from an unsettled drug debt: Christopher Kim Leech, 35; Viliamu Seumanu, 42; Tina Maxine Soules, 41; and Theron Myore, 42.
Leech and Seumanu were each charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with murder and two counts of aggravated kidnapping, all first-degree felonies, as well as a second-degree felony count of kidnapping.
Soules and Myore were both charged with murder and two counts of aggravated kidnapping, all first-degree felonies.
According to police, the group took Knight from West Valley City, transporting him to South Salt Lake and then to the area in Weber County where the man's body was found, not far from a road that leads to Snowbasin.
Knight died of gunshot wounds, police said. The case remains under investigation.
A search of court records revealed that Knight pleaded guilty to a series of theft, burglary, forgery and drug charges dating back to 2009.
Leech's rap sheet includes convictions for aggravated assault, attempted theft, failure to stop for police, forgery and attempted forgery.
Seumanu has prior convictions of attempted theft, aggravated assault, driving with a measurable controlled substance and various drug charges. He was charged in November with forgery and theft by deception.
Soules pleaded guilty in 2003 to forgery and has prior misdemeanor convictions for assault, unlawful use of an ATM card, giving false personal information to police, shoplifting, disorderly conduct and intoxication.
Myore pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated assault in 1999, which was amended to a misdemeanor, and has previous misdemeanor convictions including simple assault and criminal mischief.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Provo’s Bikes and Trikes Festival is...
- Cedar Hills’ Family Festival kicks off...
- Don't know what's causing your infection? Ask...
- U. study shows how huge landslide shaped Zion...
- Autopsy to determine if body found in...
- UDOT to begin I-15 work from Riverdale to...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 111
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 43
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 24
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 16
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8