Attorney General Reyes directs counties to give certificates to married same-sex couples
Salt Lake County, for example, sold 1,061 marriage licenses during those nine business days. County Clerk Sherrie Swensen determined how many licenses were issued during the same time period a year ago, and subtracted that number from the recent nine-day total to estimate that 782 same-sex marriage licenses were issued.
The Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office has sent 979 certified copies of the 1,061 licenses back to all couples who were wed during those nine days. She said there have only been a handful of calls requesting refunds for marriages that were not performed before the stay. Brian McKenzie, election director for Davis County, said most of the couples who obtained licenses from his county during that time frame had their marriages performed that same day, according to documentation returned to Davis County.
Twitter: dennisromboy; DNewsPolitics
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 95
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 36
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23