Attorney General Reyes directs counties to give certificates to married same-sex couples
Salt Lake County, for example, sold 1,061 marriage licenses during those nine business days. County Clerk Sherrie Swensen determined how many licenses were issued during the same time period a year ago, and subtracted that number from the recent nine-day total to estimate that 782 same-sex marriage licenses were issued.
The Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office has sent 979 certified copies of the 1,061 licenses back to all couples who were wed during those nine days. She said there have only been a handful of calls requesting refunds for marriages that were not performed before the stay. Brian McKenzie, election director for Davis County, said most of the couples who obtained licenses from his county during that time frame had their marriages performed that same day, according to documentation returned to Davis County.
Twitter: dennisromboy; DNewsPolitics
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- U. student government passes resolution... 91
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 19