Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — The finishing touches are coming together at The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, including a 40-foot whale shark, one of the largest whale shark sculptures in the world.
Local sculptor Stephen Kelser was commissioned by the aquarium to concept, design and sculpt a life-sized feeding whale shark and 4 manta rays.Kelser is a longtime contributor to The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, volunteering his time and skills as a graphic artist when the aquarium first began.
The life-size whale shark and manta ray sculptures will be displayed in the lobby of the aquarium.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10