Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — The finishing touches are coming together at The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, including a 40-foot whale shark, one of the largest whale shark sculptures in the world.
Local sculptor Stephen Kelser was commissioned by the aquarium to concept, design and sculpt a life-sized feeding whale shark and 4 manta rays.Kelser is a longtime contributor to The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, volunteering his time and skills as a graphic artist when the aquarium first began.
The life-size whale shark and manta ray sculptures will be displayed in the lobby of the aquarium.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 32
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11