Matt Gade, Deseret News
DRAPER — The finishing touches are coming together at The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, including a 40-foot whale shark, one of the largest whale shark sculptures in the world.
Local sculptor Stephen Kelser was commissioned by the aquarium to concept, design and sculpt a life-sized feeding whale shark and 4 manta rays.Kelser is a longtime contributor to The Loveland Living Planet Aquarium, volunteering his time and skills as a graphic artist when the aquarium first began.
The life-size whale shark and manta ray sculptures will be displayed in the lobby of the aquarium.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Judge tosses snowboarders' lawsuit demanding...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Granite School District reminds teachers of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over... 96
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 28
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 16