Utah basketball: Utes fall short in late-night tilt against the Washington Huskies
Utah’s ongoing bid to improve on its 1-18 Pac-12 road record since joining the conference in 2011-12 continues Sunday at Washington State. Taylor said it’s full-steam ahead for the Utes.
“We’re not going to live in the past or anything like that. So we’ll move on to the next play and move on to the next game,” he noted. “It’s like a new year, a new season.”
Taylor explained that it’s a game-at-a-time mentality. Loveridge agreed.
“Every game we’ve got to think our ultimate goal is to make the NCAA tournament,” he said. “So every game we just need a win so we can get closer to that.”
And there’s more to it, much more.
“We want to be successful in our league and in order to do so we’ve got to win some road games,” Krystkowiak said. “I haven’t thought twice about the last two years and what’s gone on in the league. Again, it’s right here.”
As for the past shortcomings on the road in conference play, Krystkowiak pointed out that most of this year’s squad didn’t experience any of those.
“It wouldn’t be fair to think that has anything to do with our team right now,” he said, explaining that the focus Wednesday was all about trying to beat the Huskies.
“That’s our goal,” Krystkowiak concluded.
As for victories, he said those can all be added up when the season is over.
EXTRA STUFF: Former Pleasant Grove High star C.J. Wilcox had 14 points for Washington. ... Andrew Andrews led the Huskies with 19. ... Loveridge finished with 10 points and seven rebounds for the Utes.
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes still outstanding from...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Utes get it done at home again
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 99
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 56
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21