Ogden woman, 2 dogs attacked by pit bulls, police say
OGDEN — An Ogden woman and her two small dogs were attacked by pit bulls on an early morning walk Tuesday, police say.
The woman was walking her two chow mix dogs near 1500 East and 25th Street about 7 a.m. when she was attacked by three pit bulls, said John Harvey, Ogden police deputy director of administration. The woman lives nearby and regularly walks her dogs through the neighborhood.
It is believed the pit bulls had gotten out of a nearby backyard.
The woman and the owner of the pit bulls were both treated at a local medical center for minor dog bites to their hands that they sustained while trying to break up the fight between their dogs, Harvey said.
Other neighbors also rushed to help but weren't bitten, he said.
One of the small dogs required surgery to stitch up her abdomen, while the other dog suffered puncture wounds from bites. The three pit bulls were quarantined.
Police responded when a man who lives nearby called to tell them several dogs were fighting in front of his home. The owner of the pit bulls was cited for three leash law violations, two counts of unlawful attacks and a kennel violation for housing more than two dogs at one address.
An investigation is ongoing, and the pit bulls' owner could possibly see more citations, Harvey said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 10