Ogden woman, 2 dogs attacked by pit bulls, police say
OGDEN — An Ogden woman and her two small dogs were attacked by pit bulls on an early morning walk Tuesday, police say.
The woman was walking her two chow mix dogs near 1500 East and 25th Street about 7 a.m. when she was attacked by three pit bulls, said John Harvey, Ogden police deputy director of administration. The woman lives nearby and regularly walks her dogs through the neighborhood.
It is believed the pit bulls had gotten out of a nearby backyard.
The woman and the owner of the pit bulls were both treated at a local medical center for minor dog bites to their hands that they sustained while trying to break up the fight between their dogs, Harvey said.
Other neighbors also rushed to help but weren't bitten, he said.
One of the small dogs required surgery to stitch up her abdomen, while the other dog suffered puncture wounds from bites. The three pit bulls were quarantined.
Police responded when a man who lives nearby called to tell them several dogs were fighting in front of his home. The owner of the pit bulls was cited for three leash law violations, two counts of unlawful attacks and a kennel violation for housing more than two dogs at one address.
An investigation is ongoing, and the pit bulls' owner could possibly see more citations, Harvey said.
— McKenzie Romero
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17