Ogden woman, 2 dogs attacked by pit bulls, police say
OGDEN — An Ogden woman and her two small dogs were attacked by pit bulls on an early morning walk Tuesday, police say.
The woman was walking her two chow mix dogs near 1500 East and 25th Street about 7 a.m. when she was attacked by three pit bulls, said John Harvey, Ogden police deputy director of administration. The woman lives nearby and regularly walks her dogs through the neighborhood.
It is believed the pit bulls had gotten out of a nearby backyard.
The woman and the owner of the pit bulls were both treated at a local medical center for minor dog bites to their hands that they sustained while trying to break up the fight between their dogs, Harvey said.
Other neighbors also rushed to help but weren't bitten, he said.
One of the small dogs required surgery to stitch up her abdomen, while the other dog suffered puncture wounds from bites. The three pit bulls were quarantined.
Police responded when a man who lives nearby called to tell them several dogs were fighting in front of his home. The owner of the pit bulls was cited for three leash law violations, two counts of unlawful attacks and a kennel violation for housing more than two dogs at one address.
An investigation is ongoing, and the pit bulls' owner could possibly see more citations, Harvey said.
— McKenzie Romero
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Residents of six apartments displaced in Salt...
- Hatch introduces bill to encourage medical...
- New FAA rules on drone use could help local...
- Saratoga Springs residents fed up with city's...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 29
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 23
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21