The BYU men’s indoor track and field season kicks off this weekend with the BYU Invitational, taking place Thursday through Saturday.
“This meet is a nice rust-buster,” BYU head coach Ed Eyestone said. “It's important because it sets the tone for who will travel. This meet will go a long way in telling us who our top athletes are. We should learn a lot about our team this weekend."
The Cougars will play host to Utah and Utah Valley. BYU will look for good showings from standout high jumper Sam Rockwood and Braydon Bringhurst in the pole vault. Tommy Gruenewald will try to repeat his first-place finish at last year’s BYU Invitational in the mile. Chase Dalton and Joshua Weirich will lead the Cougars in the multi-events.
The meet will be held in the Smith Fieldhouse with the exception of the discus, which will take place in the Indoor Practice Facility.
The meet begins with the discus Thursday at 5:15 p.m. MST in the IPF. Multi-events and field events start Friday’s schedule, beginning at noon. Saturday begins at 10 a.m. with multi-events and field events. Running events start at 12:45 p.m. The full schedule can be found on the BYU track website.
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013. Email: justinjgreen8@gmail.
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Best of the West: Shifting teams around after...
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around as...
- Morning links: ESPN's Chad Ford draft...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws named CLASS award candidate
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 31
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Matt Carlino playing much the same at... 19
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 18
- BYU's Austin 'tweaks' hamstring, will... 13