Josh Romney, Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs named to governor's Economic Development Board
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development announced Wednesday that Josh Romney and Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs will join the governor-appointed panel's Economic Development Board, which is charged with promoting and encouraging the economic, commercial, financial, industrial, agricultural and civic welfare of the state.
The board also advises GOED staff on the development, attraction, retention and expansion of businesses, industries and commerce within the state.
Lasecke-Jacobs has experience in marketing and public relations. She became one of the youngest vice presidents at the Manhattan-based international marketing firms Ogilvy & Mather — formerly Dudley Anderson & Yutzy. She later served in senior management positions at Fujitsu America and Oracle. After leaving Oracle in 2000, Margaret formed a marketing and public relations consulting firm.
Also joining the Economic Development Board is Josh Romney — founder of The Romney Group, which owns and operates multifamily, office and industrial properties throughout the United States.
Romney, son of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney — earned an undergraduate degree in English from BYU in 2000 and a master’s degree from Harvard Business School in 2005. He also worked with both the political and fundraising teams on his father’s presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
“We are thrilled that Mrs. Lasecke-Jacobs and Mr. Romney have agreed to join the Economic Development Board,” said GOED Executive Director Spencer Eccles. “Their knowledge and skills will significantly enrich our board as our members continue to advise the GOED leadership team.”
The GOED Board consists of 15 members appointed to four-year terms by the governor with the advice and consent of the Utah Senate. No more than eight members are from one political party and the membership represents all areas of the state.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22