Josh Romney, Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs named to governor's Economic Development Board
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development announced Wednesday that Josh Romney and Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs will join the governor-appointed panel's Economic Development Board, which is charged with promoting and encouraging the economic, commercial, financial, industrial, agricultural and civic welfare of the state.
The board also advises GOED staff on the development, attraction, retention and expansion of businesses, industries and commerce within the state.
Lasecke-Jacobs has experience in marketing and public relations. She became one of the youngest vice presidents at the Manhattan-based international marketing firms Ogilvy & Mather — formerly Dudley Anderson & Yutzy. She later served in senior management positions at Fujitsu America and Oracle. After leaving Oracle in 2000, Margaret formed a marketing and public relations consulting firm.
Also joining the Economic Development Board is Josh Romney — founder of The Romney Group, which owns and operates multifamily, office and industrial properties throughout the United States.
Romney, son of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney — earned an undergraduate degree in English from BYU in 2000 and a master’s degree from Harvard Business School in 2005. He also worked with both the political and fundraising teams on his father’s presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
“We are thrilled that Mrs. Lasecke-Jacobs and Mr. Romney have agreed to join the Economic Development Board,” said GOED Executive Director Spencer Eccles. “Their knowledge and skills will significantly enrich our board as our members continue to advise the GOED leadership team.”
The GOED Board consists of 15 members appointed to four-year terms by the governor with the advice and consent of the Utah Senate. No more than eight members are from one political party and the membership represents all areas of the state.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Fired West Valley officer's defense team goes...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Fatal Draper house fire was intentionally...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12