Josh Romney, Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs named to governor's Economic Development Board
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development announced Wednesday that Josh Romney and Margaret Lasecke-Jacobs will join the governor-appointed panel's Economic Development Board, which is charged with promoting and encouraging the economic, commercial, financial, industrial, agricultural and civic welfare of the state.
The board also advises GOED staff on the development, attraction, retention and expansion of businesses, industries and commerce within the state.
Lasecke-Jacobs has experience in marketing and public relations. She became one of the youngest vice presidents at the Manhattan-based international marketing firms Ogilvy & Mather — formerly Dudley Anderson & Yutzy. She later served in senior management positions at Fujitsu America and Oracle. After leaving Oracle in 2000, Margaret formed a marketing and public relations consulting firm.
Also joining the Economic Development Board is Josh Romney — founder of The Romney Group, which owns and operates multifamily, office and industrial properties throughout the United States.
Romney, son of former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney — earned an undergraduate degree in English from BYU in 2000 and a master’s degree from Harvard Business School in 2005. He also worked with both the political and fundraising teams on his father’s presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
“We are thrilled that Mrs. Lasecke-Jacobs and Mr. Romney have agreed to join the Economic Development Board,” said GOED Executive Director Spencer Eccles. “Their knowledge and skills will significantly enrich our board as our members continue to advise the GOED leadership team.”
The GOED Board consists of 15 members appointed to four-year terms by the governor with the advice and consent of the Utah Senate. No more than eight members are from one political party and the membership represents all areas of the state.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17