Seven score and 11 years ago Abraham Lincoln gave a talk ending with, “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” God has effectively been eliminated from our government by a very small minority that misinterprets the clause in the Constitution that prohibits forming a state religion to mean that we cannot acknowledge God in any of our dealings.
Our government of the people, by the people and for the people, is rapidly being replaced by government of a few, by a few and for a few. The fanatical application of political correctness, where we cannot say anything for fear of offending someone or anyone, is destroying our government and our country. We desperately need “a new birth of freedom.”
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 53
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 43
- Letter: Breeding hate 40