Seven score and 11 years ago Abraham Lincoln gave a talk ending with, “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” God has effectively been eliminated from our government by a very small minority that misinterprets the clause in the Constitution that prohibits forming a state religion to mean that we cannot acknowledge God in any of our dealings.
Our government of the people, by the people and for the people, is rapidly being replaced by government of a few, by a few and for a few. The fanatical application of political correctness, where we cannot say anything for fear of offending someone or anyone, is destroying our government and our country. We desperately need “a new birth of freedom.”
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- On second thought
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24