Seven score and 11 years ago Abraham Lincoln gave a talk ending with, “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” God has effectively been eliminated from our government by a very small minority that misinterprets the clause in the Constitution that prohibits forming a state religion to mean that we cannot acknowledge God in any of our dealings.
Our government of the people, by the people and for the people, is rapidly being replaced by government of a few, by a few and for a few. The fanatical application of political correctness, where we cannot say anything for fear of offending someone or anyone, is destroying our government and our country. We desperately need “a new birth of freedom.”
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32