Seven score and 11 years ago Abraham Lincoln gave a talk ending with, “that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” God has effectively been eliminated from our government by a very small minority that misinterprets the clause in the Constitution that prohibits forming a state religion to mean that we cannot acknowledge God in any of our dealings.
Our government of the people, by the people and for the people, is rapidly being replaced by government of a few, by a few and for a few. The fanatical application of political correctness, where we cannot say anything for fear of offending someone or anyone, is destroying our government and our country. We desperately need “a new birth of freedom.”
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32