I support the marriage of any consenting adult couple that loves each other. I support the marriage of mixed-gender couples and the marriage of same-gender couples. You don't have to oppose one to support the other.
Allowing the marriage of same-gender couples does no harm to the marriages of mixed-gender couples. But disallowing the marriage of same-gender couples does do harm to them, a harm that is unnecessary. There are same-gender couples who have children, and disallowing them to be married does harm to those children.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Give her time
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29