I support the marriage of any consenting adult couple that loves each other. I support the marriage of mixed-gender couples and the marriage of same-gender couples. You don't have to oppose one to support the other.
Allowing the marriage of same-gender couples does no harm to the marriages of mixed-gender couples. But disallowing the marriage of same-gender couples does do harm to them, a harm that is unnecessary. There are same-gender couples who have children, and disallowing them to be married does harm to those children.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22