Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — Police say they've located the remains of a missing man from West Valley City near the road to Snowbasin.
The man's body was recovered just after 5 p.m. Tuesday. Crews left the scene for the evening shortly after.
According to police, it may take a few days to identify the body.
Police said the remains are not Susan Cox Powell's. Police say they are dealing with a man's remains but would not release the name of the man Tuesday.
West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said an investigation of a recent missing person case led them to the area, but he would not say what tipped them off to the location.
Police started investigating the case in December, though they declined to comment further.
West Valley City police enlisted help from the Weber County Sheriff's Office and representatives from the medical examiner's office.
Investigators were struggling with the cold weather, falling snow and 6 feet of snow on the ground, Powell said, and even used an all-terrain vehicle to help with the investigation.
"It's not an easily accessible location because of the terrain and weather conditions," he said. "We were trying to take every precautionary measure."
— Andrew Adams
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 25
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 19
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 18
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9