Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — Police say they've located the remains of a missing man from West Valley City near the road to Snowbasin.
The man's body was recovered just after 5 p.m. Tuesday. Crews left the scene for the evening shortly after.
According to police, it may take a few days to identify the body.
Police said the remains are not Susan Cox Powell's. Police say they are dealing with a man's remains but would not release the name of the man Tuesday.
West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said an investigation of a recent missing person case led them to the area, but he would not say what tipped them off to the location.
Police started investigating the case in December, though they declined to comment further.
West Valley City police enlisted help from the Weber County Sheriff's Office and representatives from the medical examiner's office.
Investigators were struggling with the cold weather, falling snow and 6 feet of snow on the ground, Powell said, and even used an all-terrain vehicle to help with the investigation.
"It's not an easily accessible location because of the terrain and weather conditions," he said. "We were trying to take every precautionary measure."
— Andrew Adams
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- Christmas I Remember Best: 'All this, and...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 89
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 54
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 32
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 15
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 13