Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — Police say they've located the remains of a missing man from West Valley City near the road to Snowbasin.
The man's body was recovered just after 5 p.m. Tuesday. Crews left the scene for the evening shortly after.
According to police, it may take a few days to identify the body.
Police said the remains are not Susan Cox Powell's. Police say they are dealing with a man's remains but would not release the name of the man Tuesday.
West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said an investigation of a recent missing person case led them to the area, but he would not say what tipped them off to the location.
Police started investigating the case in December, though they declined to comment further.
West Valley City police enlisted help from the Weber County Sheriff's Office and representatives from the medical examiner's office.
Investigators were struggling with the cold weather, falling snow and 6 feet of snow on the ground, Powell said, and even used an all-terrain vehicle to help with the investigation.
"It's not an easily accessible location because of the terrain and weather conditions," he said. "We were trying to take every precautionary measure."
— Andrew Adams
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36