How does one put a genie back in the bottle? Regarding same-sex marriage, what happens if Utah should prevail in the courts? Does that make all same-sex marriages performed to date become void?
Should Utah not prevail, what then? Will the laws regarding marriage and divorce that are now on the books be sufficient? And how about those who provide services for heterosexual couples? Will they be forced to provide those same services for same-sex couples or face major fines?
There has already been a court case filed (proved to be a fraud) against a minister who would not perform a marriage ceremony. I believe the Utah Legislature needs to become proactive and start discussions now about how to deal with this problem.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 30
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 25
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18