I am one of the ones that had health insurance start Jan. 1 (I hadn't had it in seven years). I had a pre-existing condition for which I was denied insurance. I had had full-time work and insurance through my employer, but when I decided to do childcare at home, I found out fast that private insurance can deny people for many conditions.
Everyone deserves the right to pay a reasonable cost for a health plan and get it regardless of their prior health. Many people don't understand all the issues with insurance and I encourage them to check it out.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- In our opinion: Critics of porn resolution...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- In our opinion: National security and... 77
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 35
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19