I am one of the ones that had health insurance start Jan. 1 (I hadn't had it in seven years). I had a pre-existing condition for which I was denied insurance. I had had full-time work and insurance through my employer, but when I decided to do childcare at home, I found out fast that private insurance can deny people for many conditions.
Everyone deserves the right to pay a reasonable cost for a health plan and get it regardless of their prior health. Many people don't understand all the issues with insurance and I encourage them to check it out.
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our thoughts...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all: Religion...
- Letter: Slap to our history
- Drew Clark: The beams and motes of getting...
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 90
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 74
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: Fairness for all:... 44
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination... 38
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27