I am one of the ones that had health insurance start Jan. 1 (I hadn't had it in seven years). I had a pre-existing condition for which I was denied insurance. I had had full-time work and insurance through my employer, but when I decided to do childcare at home, I found out fast that private insurance can deny people for many conditions.
Everyone deserves the right to pay a reasonable cost for a health plan and get it regardless of their prior health. Many people don't understand all the issues with insurance and I encourage them to check it out.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9