I am one of the ones that had health insurance start Jan. 1 (I hadn't had it in seven years). I had a pre-existing condition for which I was denied insurance. I had had full-time work and insurance through my employer, but when I decided to do childcare at home, I found out fast that private insurance can deny people for many conditions.
Everyone deserves the right to pay a reasonable cost for a health plan and get it regardless of their prior health. Many people don't understand all the issues with insurance and I encourage them to check it out.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22