I am one of the ones that had health insurance start Jan. 1 (I hadn't had it in seven years). I had a pre-existing condition for which I was denied insurance. I had had full-time work and insurance through my employer, but when I decided to do childcare at home, I found out fast that private insurance can deny people for many conditions.
Everyone deserves the right to pay a reasonable cost for a health plan and get it regardless of their prior health. Many people don't understand all the issues with insurance and I encourage them to check it out.
Salt Lake City
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: Use market forces and not...
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 63
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 53
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 43
- Letter: Breeding hate 40