Utah Jazz: Golden State coach Mark Jackson causes stir with comments about John Stockton
“You really can’t think about it. It’s not under my control,” Harris said. “I’m just excited while I’m here. I’m enjoying the moment, and whatever happens, happens.”
Harris was the final player to make the 15-man roster after training camp, and he admitted this feels similar.
“You can’t focus on that,” he added. “You have to focus on just why you’re here and do whatever you can to help the team get better.”
So, has the decision been made to keep all three on the roster?
“The decision is we are (here) until we’re not that way anymore,” Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. “They’re right where they should be before practice — getting some work in.”
OUCH: Forward Marvin Williams was asked if he’d read the kind words his former coach, Larry Drew, said about him in Saturday’s Deseret News.
The 27-year-old’s answer was not what journalists wanted to hear.
“I haven't read a newspaper easily in a couple of years, probably,” he said, smiling.
To which a certain reporter joked back: “We don't watch the NBA. How does that feel?”
The easy-going Williams laughed.
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- Tournament central: 5A boys semifinals live...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Catching up: Old friends Andre Miller, Alex...
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball live...
- High school boys basketball: Davis survives...
- CougarLinks: Daniel Sorensen deemed a winner...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 24