Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker will present his 2014 State of the City address Wednesday, Jan. 8, at the University of Utah.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held at noon in the Varsity Room on the sixth floor of the Rice-Eccles Stadium and Tower, 451 S. 1400 East.
The speech, usually given at the Salt Lake City-County building, will focus on a single challenge facing the community.
“By moving the speech to a venue with a magnificent view of our Capital City, I want to underscore the importance of the topic I will be highlighting this year," Becker said in a prepared statement. "I think when Salt Lake City residents hear the focus of the speech, they will agree it is the most pressing issue facing our community today."
The public will have a chance to visit and chat with Becker at an informal reception following the speech.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14