Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker will present his 2014 State of the City address Wednesday, Jan. 8, at the University of Utah.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held at noon in the Varsity Room on the sixth floor of the Rice-Eccles Stadium and Tower, 451 S. 1400 East.
The speech, usually given at the Salt Lake City-County building, will focus on a single challenge facing the community.
“By moving the speech to a venue with a magnificent view of our Capital City, I want to underscore the importance of the topic I will be highlighting this year," Becker said in a prepared statement. "I think when Salt Lake City residents hear the focus of the speech, they will agree it is the most pressing issue facing our community today."
The public will have a chance to visit and chat with Becker at an informal reception following the speech.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 23
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11