Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker will present his 2014 State of the City address Wednesday, Jan. 8, at the University of Utah.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held at noon in the Varsity Room on the sixth floor of the Rice-Eccles Stadium and Tower, 451 S. 1400 East.
The speech, usually given at the Salt Lake City-County building, will focus on a single challenge facing the community.
“By moving the speech to a venue with a magnificent view of our Capital City, I want to underscore the importance of the topic I will be highlighting this year," Becker said in a prepared statement. "I think when Salt Lake City residents hear the focus of the speech, they will agree it is the most pressing issue facing our community today."
The public will have a chance to visit and chat with Becker at an informal reception following the speech.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 96
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9