Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker will present his 2014 State of the City address Wednesday, Jan. 8, at the University of Utah.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held at noon in the Varsity Room on the sixth floor of the Rice-Eccles Stadium and Tower, 451 S. 1400 East.
The speech, usually given at the Salt Lake City-County building, will focus on a single challenge facing the community.
“By moving the speech to a venue with a magnificent view of our Capital City, I want to underscore the importance of the topic I will be highlighting this year," Becker said in a prepared statement. "I think when Salt Lake City residents hear the focus of the speech, they will agree it is the most pressing issue facing our community today."
The public will have a chance to visit and chat with Becker at an informal reception following the speech.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Draper police step in for Santa after home is...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 16
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9