Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker will present his 2014 State of the City address Wednesday, Jan. 8, at the University of Utah.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held at noon in the Varsity Room on the sixth floor of the Rice-Eccles Stadium and Tower, 451 S. 1400 East.
The speech, usually given at the Salt Lake City-County building, will focus on a single challenge facing the community.
“By moving the speech to a venue with a magnificent view of our Capital City, I want to underscore the importance of the topic I will be highlighting this year," Becker said in a prepared statement. "I think when Salt Lake City residents hear the focus of the speech, they will agree it is the most pressing issue facing our community today."
The public will have a chance to visit and chat with Becker at an informal reception following the speech.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 82
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18