East High guard Tennessee Suesue commits to Boise State
SALT LAKE CITY — East High guard Tennessee Suesue’s heart was content on playing at Boise State. If the Broncos extended an offer, it was the place for him. On Friday, that offer finally arrived and one day later Suesue pledged his services.
“I had to talk to my family first because I didn’t want to chose by myself and for myself. I wanted to see what my family wanted to do,” Suesue told the Deseret News Sunday night. “The supported me 100 percent. It was pretty easy when we called coach (Bryan Harsin) after we got the letter.”
At 6-foot-2 and 295 pounds, Suesue helped anchor East’s offensive line, which paved the way for 5,326 rushing yards and 66 rushing touchdowns. He’s expected to make the change from right guard to center for the Broncos.
“(Boise State) is getting a young man who’s ceiling is very high,” East coach Brandon Matich said. “He has only two years of organized, solid football and coaching behind him. I think he’s still growing, and not that — he’s very smart. He really was our cerebral leader on the field. He’s a really smart kid and combine that with his size and athleticism, I think he’s going to be fantastic.”
Suesue took an unofficial visit to Boise State before former coach Chris Petersen departed for Washington, but Suesue maintained interest in the incoming coaching staff and the educational benefits of the university.
“I love the coaching staff that’s coming in and the atmosphere that Boise State provides,” Suesue said. “It’s in a wonderful community area and I want to major in education and try and become a teacher and they have a great program for that, too.”
Suesue is the second commitment in the Harsin era.
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU workhorse running back Nate...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 74
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- Rock On: Sarkisian runs afoul of BYU... 39
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24