East High guard Tennessee Suesue commits to Boise State
SALT LAKE CITY — East High guard Tennessee Suesue’s heart was content on playing at Boise State. If the Broncos extended an offer, it was the place for him. On Friday, that offer finally arrived and one day later Suesue pledged his services.
“I had to talk to my family first because I didn’t want to chose by myself and for myself. I wanted to see what my family wanted to do,” Suesue told the Deseret News Sunday night. “The supported me 100 percent. It was pretty easy when we called coach (Bryan Harsin) after we got the letter.”
At 6-foot-2 and 295 pounds, Suesue helped anchor East’s offensive line, which paved the way for 5,326 rushing yards and 66 rushing touchdowns. He’s expected to make the change from right guard to center for the Broncos.
“(Boise State) is getting a young man who’s ceiling is very high,” East coach Brandon Matich said. “He has only two years of organized, solid football and coaching behind him. I think he’s still growing, and not that — he’s very smart. He really was our cerebral leader on the field. He’s a really smart kid and combine that with his size and athleticism, I think he’s going to be fantastic.”
Suesue took an unofficial visit to Boise State before former coach Chris Petersen departed for Washington, but Suesue maintained interest in the incoming coaching staff and the educational benefits of the university.
“I love the coaching staff that’s coming in and the atmosphere that Boise State provides,” Suesue said. “It’s in a wonderful community area and I want to major in education and try and become a teacher and they have a great program for that, too.”
Suesue is the second commitment in the Harsin era.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 66
- Amy Donaldson: Recent hearings on rules... 9
- High school football: 2016 schedules... 5
- Layton junior high wrestler loses... 3
- Morning links: 4 Utahns on ESPN 300... 1
- Skyridge High School 2016 football... 0
- Ridgeline High School 2016 football... 0
- High school track: Top performances... 0