HEBER CITY — A man is in police custody following an attempted kidnapping in Wasatch County. Officers arrested Shane Black, 47, after a witness claimed that he tried to push a woman into his vehicle at a Heber City convenience store on Saturday evening.
Heber City police said Black made an attempt to forcibly take an adult female from the 7-Eleven at 800 South Main Street. Police say the victim was able to pull away as Black was attempting to shove her into his vehicle — a white van. Police say a customer intervened when he noticed what was happening, prompting Black to get back into his vehicle and flee. The victim was unharmed.
After an emergency call to 9-1-1, law enforcement from several agencies began searching for the vehicle. A Utah Highway Patrol trooper eventually located the van just north of Heber City, and initiated a traffic stop. Black was taken into custody and booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Heber City police arrested Black on one count of attempted kidnapping — a third degree felony. The Utah Highway patrol added other violations, including felony DUI, an Interlock violation, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open alcohol container in the vehicle and a traffic violation.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 89
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18