HEBER CITY — A man is in police custody following an attempted kidnapping in Wasatch County. Officers arrested Shane Black, 47, after a witness claimed that he tried to push a woman into his vehicle at a Heber City convenience store on Saturday evening.
Heber City police said Black made an attempt to forcibly take an adult female from the 7-Eleven at 800 South Main Street. Police say the victim was able to pull away as Black was attempting to shove her into his vehicle — a white van. Police say a customer intervened when he noticed what was happening, prompting Black to get back into his vehicle and flee. The victim was unharmed.
After an emergency call to 9-1-1, law enforcement from several agencies began searching for the vehicle. A Utah Highway Patrol trooper eventually located the van just north of Heber City, and initiated a traffic stop. Black was taken into custody and booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Heber City police arrested Black on one count of attempted kidnapping — a third degree felony. The Utah Highway patrol added other violations, including felony DUI, an Interlock violation, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open alcohol container in the vehicle and a traffic violation.
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Brother, sister hugged each other as they...
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 24
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 16
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8