HEBER CITY — A man is in police custody following an attempted kidnapping in Wasatch County. Officers arrested Shane Black, 47, after a witness claimed that he tried to push a woman into his vehicle at a Heber City convenience store on Saturday evening.
Heber City police said Black made an attempt to forcibly take an adult female from the 7-Eleven at 800 South Main Street. Police say the victim was able to pull away as Black was attempting to shove her into his vehicle — a white van. Police say a customer intervened when he noticed what was happening, prompting Black to get back into his vehicle and flee. The victim was unharmed.
After an emergency call to 9-1-1, law enforcement from several agencies began searching for the vehicle. A Utah Highway Patrol trooper eventually located the van just north of Heber City, and initiated a traffic stop. Black was taken into custody and booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Heber City police arrested Black on one count of attempted kidnapping — a third degree felony. The Utah Highway patrol added other violations, including felony DUI, an Interlock violation, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open alcohol container in the vehicle and a traffic violation.
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 70
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25