HEBER CITY — A man is in police custody following an attempted kidnapping in Wasatch County. Officers arrested Shane Black, 47, after a witness claimed that he tried to push a woman into his vehicle at a Heber City convenience store on Saturday evening.
Heber City police said Black made an attempt to forcibly take an adult female from the 7-Eleven at 800 South Main Street. Police say the victim was able to pull away as Black was attempting to shove her into his vehicle — a white van. Police say a customer intervened when he noticed what was happening, prompting Black to get back into his vehicle and flee. The victim was unharmed.
After an emergency call to 9-1-1, law enforcement from several agencies began searching for the vehicle. A Utah Highway Patrol trooper eventually located the van just north of Heber City, and initiated a traffic stop. Black was taken into custody and booked into the Wasatch County Jail.
Heber City police arrested Black on one count of attempted kidnapping — a third degree felony. The Utah Highway patrol added other violations, including felony DUI, an Interlock violation, possession of drug paraphernalia, having an open alcohol container in the vehicle and a traffic violation.
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11