August — BYU offensive coordinator Robert Anae unveils his revamped "go slower and score more points" offense during the opening week of fall camp. Utah State's hopes soar when quarterback Chuckie Keeton reports to camp feeling 100 percent healthy following last year's devastating knee injury. And Utah fans breathe a collective sigh of relief when quarterback Travis Wilson is cleared to play for the upcoming campaign.
September — Despite opening the season with four straight road games under first-year head football coach Jay Hill, Weber State wins two of them to match its win total from each of the previous two seasons. After starting the season 5-0, thanks in part to a BYU offense that's going a little slower but scoring a lot more points, talk of a big-time bowl berth begins to build in Provo.
October — Led by superb performances by overpowering southpaw pitcher Clayton Kershaw, a much more mature Yasiel Puig and a finally healthy Matt Kemp, the Los Angeles Dodgers win their first World Series title since 1988, defeating the New York Yankees in six games in a Fall Classic of matching teams with a combined payroll of almost $500 million — proving once again that small-market teams have no chance of winning the title.
November — The Utah football team finishes its season with a 7-5 record, earning its first bowl berth in three years and bringing a collective sigh of relief from Ute fans — along with head coach Kyle Whittiingham, who can finally sit down comfortably after being on the hot seat for the last year. BYU winds up 10-2 and is headed for the Las Vegas Bowl, grateful to be going somewhere other than the Fight Hunger, Poinsettia, Armed Forces or New Mexico bowls. With Keeton enjoying a stellar comeback season, Utah State wins nine games and will go bowling for a fourth straight season. Southern Utah claims the Big Sky championship and a second straight FCS playoff berth, and Weber State fans are pleased as punch to go 5-6 after back-to-back 2-win seasons.
December — For the first time in history, the BYU, Utah and Utah State football teams all win bowl games in the same year. RSL loses in the Western Conference final, prompting a frustrated Kyle Beckerman to shave off his dreds. The Utah Jazz are the talk of the NBA after winning 12 of their first 15 games, featuring a youthful starting lineup of Burke, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, their Rookie of the Year candidate Parker, and Hayward, who's happy with his new contract — and displaying a great tan.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22