Aside from the legal issues, there is a certain sad irony that as homosexual couples rush to embrace the previously denied benefits of matrimony, heterosexual couples, for whom legal marriage has always been easily available, increasingly eschew traditional marriage in favor of transitory hookups, cohabitation, infidelity or divorce.
One only wonders whether in time homosexual couples who can now marry will eventually follow the same trends established by their heterosexual predecessors.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- In our opinion: Why it's important to note...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and assisted...
- Americans are skeptical that government... 58
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 46
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22