Aside from the legal issues, there is a certain sad irony that as homosexual couples rush to embrace the previously denied benefits of matrimony, heterosexual couples, for whom legal marriage has always been easily available, increasingly eschew traditional marriage in favor of transitory hookups, cohabitation, infidelity or divorce.
One only wonders whether in time homosexual couples who can now marry will eventually follow the same trends established by their heterosexual predecessors.
Salt Lake City
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30