Aside from the legal issues, there is a certain sad irony that as homosexual couples rush to embrace the previously denied benefits of matrimony, heterosexual couples, for whom legal marriage has always been easily available, increasingly eschew traditional marriage in favor of transitory hookups, cohabitation, infidelity or divorce.
One only wonders whether in time homosexual couples who can now marry will eventually follow the same trends established by their heterosexual predecessors.
Salt Lake City
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- John Hoffmire: The Amalfi Coast lemon: tasty...
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy
- Letter: Metal detectors
- George F. Will: The Great War: the hinge of...
- My View: High-risk pools: the life jacket...
- Richard Davis: Brexit wasn’t really...
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 59
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Letter: Brexit shortsighted? 32
- Jay Evensen: Prayer can solve many of... 28
- Dan Liljenquist: Can Donald Trump be... 24
- Kathleen Parker: Clinton, Warren make... 23
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 21
- Letter: Supporting teachers 21