Aside from the legal issues, there is a certain sad irony that as homosexual couples rush to embrace the previously denied benefits of matrimony, heterosexual couples, for whom legal marriage has always been easily available, increasingly eschew traditional marriage in favor of transitory hookups, cohabitation, infidelity or divorce.
One only wonders whether in time homosexual couples who can now marry will eventually follow the same trends established by their heterosexual predecessors.
Salt Lake City
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 47
- Letter: Condoning torture 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 25