Aside from the legal issues, there is a certain sad irony that as homosexual couples rush to embrace the previously denied benefits of matrimony, heterosexual couples, for whom legal marriage has always been easily available, increasingly eschew traditional marriage in favor of transitory hookups, cohabitation, infidelity or divorce.
One only wonders whether in time homosexual couples who can now marry will eventually follow the same trends established by their heterosexual predecessors.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 26