There is one aspect of gay marriage that has not yet, to my knowledge, been addressed. With the worldwide depletion of population levels, governments are taking steps to increase the number of children being born in their respective nations. The obvious reason for this is that without a reasonable increase in population, a nation will dwindle in its economies and in its ability to pay for health care to name just two of many pitfalls in a nation without population growth.
Those who are able to marry but do not, and those who marry a person of their own gender cannot contribute to the necessary population growth to maintain a nation’s viability. This is a selfish and inward turn that puts required growth in the hands of those who marry and raise responsible children.
It is my hope that our state leaders will use the above facts in helping to identify the level of harm to society if we allow gay marriage to be legal.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- Letter: No end in sight
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31