There is one aspect of gay marriage that has not yet, to my knowledge, been addressed. With the worldwide depletion of population levels, governments are taking steps to increase the number of children being born in their respective nations. The obvious reason for this is that without a reasonable increase in population, a nation will dwindle in its economies and in its ability to pay for health care to name just two of many pitfalls in a nation without population growth.
Those who are able to marry but do not, and those who marry a person of their own gender cannot contribute to the necessary population growth to maintain a nation’s viability. This is a selfish and inward turn that puts required growth in the hands of those who marry and raise responsible children.
It is my hope that our state leaders will use the above facts in helping to identify the level of harm to society if we allow gay marriage to be legal.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme Court...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: How Alex Boye's...
- In our opinion: Repairing Salt Lake City streets
- Arthur Cyr: North Korea’s leaders...
- George F. Will: Britain at the crossroads
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 53
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 46
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 27
- My view: Character still matters in... 25
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 25
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 21
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20