There is one aspect of gay marriage that has not yet, to my knowledge, been addressed. With the worldwide depletion of population levels, governments are taking steps to increase the number of children being born in their respective nations. The obvious reason for this is that without a reasonable increase in population, a nation will dwindle in its economies and in its ability to pay for health care to name just two of many pitfalls in a nation without population growth.
Those who are able to marry but do not, and those who marry a person of their own gender cannot contribute to the necessary population growth to maintain a nation’s viability. This is a selfish and inward turn that puts required growth in the hands of those who marry and raise responsible children.
It is my hope that our state leaders will use the above facts in helping to identify the level of harm to society if we allow gay marriage to be legal.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 107
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 43
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41