Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — The Utah Symphony is set to perform Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 4 with guest conductor Matthias Pintscher and pianist Inon Barnatan during three performances Jan. 9-11.
Barnatan’s orchestral debuts include performances with the Cleveland Orchestra as well as with the Houston, Philadelphia and San Francisco Symphony Orchestras.
Pinstcher has appeared at conducting engagements and was named by the Ensemble Intercontemporain as the music director for its 2013-14 season.
The first performance will be at the de Jong Concert Hall at Brigham Young University on Jan. 9 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for this performance are $20 and are available online at arts.byu.edu or by phone at 801-422-2981.
Abravanel Hall, 123 W. South Temple, will host the other two performances on Jan. 10-11 at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $18 and can be purchased in person, by phone at 801-355-2787 or online at utahsymphony.org.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14