TOOELE — A Grantsville man has been charged with engaging in sexual activity with a teenage neighbor girl after his suspicious wife hid a video camera in their bedroom.
Daniel Thomas Evans, 35, was charged Dec. 26 with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony.
Evans' wife told police she caught her husband with the 15-year-old in a camping trailer the night after hosting a wedding party at their house.
After later talking to her brother about her suspicions, the woman said he helped her set up a hidden camera in her bedroom. "She said she was able to record two instances of what appeared to be the victim and Daniel engaged in sexual activity," an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court states.
The wife filed for a protective order against Evans on Dec. 23.
During an initial court appearance, a judge ordered Evans released from jail on condition he have a GPS tracking device, according to court records. His next court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.
— Pat Reavy
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 97
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9