TOOELE — A Grantsville man has been charged with engaging in sexual activity with a teenage neighbor girl after his suspicious wife hid a video camera in their bedroom.
Daniel Thomas Evans, 35, was charged Dec. 26 with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony.
Evans' wife told police she caught her husband with the 15-year-old in a camping trailer the night after hosting a wedding party at their house.
After later talking to her brother about her suspicions, the woman said he helped her set up a hidden camera in her bedroom. "She said she was able to record two instances of what appeared to be the victim and Daniel engaged in sexual activity," an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court states.
The wife filed for a protective order against Evans on Dec. 23.
During an initial court appearance, a judge ordered Evans released from jail on condition he have a GPS tracking device, according to court records. His next court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.
— Pat Reavy
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Attorney general deciding whether to appeal...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 39
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 26
- Woman accused of leaving young son... 21