TOOELE — A Grantsville man has been charged with engaging in sexual activity with a teenage neighbor girl after his suspicious wife hid a video camera in their bedroom.
Daniel Thomas Evans, 35, was charged Dec. 26 with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony.
Evans' wife told police she caught her husband with the 15-year-old in a camping trailer the night after hosting a wedding party at their house.
After later talking to her brother about her suspicions, the woman said he helped her set up a hidden camera in her bedroom. "She said she was able to record two instances of what appeared to be the victim and Daniel engaged in sexual activity," an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court states.
The wife filed for a protective order against Evans on Dec. 23.
During an initial court appearance, a judge ordered Evans released from jail on condition he have a GPS tracking device, according to court records. His next court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.
— Pat Reavy
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Woman, 69, fights off carjacker who then sets...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 42
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 30
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 16