TOOELE — A Grantsville man has been charged with engaging in sexual activity with a teenage neighbor girl after his suspicious wife hid a video camera in their bedroom.
Daniel Thomas Evans, 35, was charged Dec. 26 with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony.
Evans' wife told police she caught her husband with the 15-year-old in a camping trailer the night after hosting a wedding party at their house.
After later talking to her brother about her suspicions, the woman said he helped her set up a hidden camera in her bedroom. "She said she was able to record two instances of what appeared to be the victim and Daniel engaged in sexual activity," an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court states.
The wife filed for a protective order against Evans on Dec. 23.
During an initial court appearance, a judge ordered Evans released from jail on condition he have a GPS tracking device, according to court records. His next court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.
— Pat Reavy
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 268
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 23
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16