TOOELE — A Grantsville man has been charged with engaging in sexual activity with a teenage neighbor girl after his suspicious wife hid a video camera in their bedroom.
Daniel Thomas Evans, 35, was charged Dec. 26 with three counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony.
Evans' wife told police she caught her husband with the 15-year-old in a camping trailer the night after hosting a wedding party at their house.
After later talking to her brother about her suspicions, the woman said he helped her set up a hidden camera in her bedroom. "She said she was able to record two instances of what appeared to be the victim and Daniel engaged in sexual activity," an affidavit filed in 3rd District Court states.
The wife filed for a protective order against Evans on Dec. 23.
During an initial court appearance, a judge ordered Evans released from jail on condition he have a GPS tracking device, according to court records. His next court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 21.
— Pat Reavy
- Draper house explodes into flames,...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Federal land managers criticized over...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 16
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 13