Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Van Noy reaches out to Cougar fans, thanks them for ongoing support
Kyle Van Noy says he is one grateful man.
In an open letter to BYU fans, Van Noy put a period to his Cougar career on Friday. Here is what he had to say.
"When I first stepped onto BYU’s campus as a student in 2010, I never could have imagined how quickly my four years in Provo would fly by. I waited a long time to be a Cougar, and not a day passes by without my thinking how fortunate I am for my decision to attend BYU," he said.
"I have grown a great deal in the past four years. I have matured as a person. I have become a college graduate. I have developed as a football player. This growth is directly attributed to my time at and the positive influence of BYU.
"As I move on to pursue my dream of playing in the National Football League, I wanted to send out a few special thank yous:
— To my family, friends and fiancée, Marissa: Thank you for your love and support. I never would have made it this far without all of you.
— To my teammates and coaches: Thank you for making me a better football player. I took great pride in representing the “Y” with all of you.
— To the football training staff: Thank you for working to keep me healthy and on the football field. I appreciate all your dedication, time and energy.
— To the BYU athletic and sports information departments: Thank you for making me look good in the public eye! In all seriousness, I was honored to represent the university and I look forward to continue in this role as an alumnus.
— To the BYU fans across the state, country and world: Thank you for your support, passion and loyalty. There are a lot of terrific things happening within the BYU football program and I am excited to cheer on our future success with all of you.
It has been a remarkable four years as a BYU Cougar. Thank you for all the memories. Thank you for your love and support. Thank you for helping me mature into the man I am today."
Van Noy concluded his remarks with the salutation:
"Go Cougars. “Too blessed to be stressed. Kyle Van Noy #3."
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christian Stewart writes final chapter on...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A decade...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for...
- High school sports: Nearly 650 athletes...
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why OU...
- Jazz in talks with German center Tibor...
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul Millsap...
- Amy Donaldson: Former BYU QB Jake... 50
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 50
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 43
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU's retired AD Glen... 27
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 20
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 17
- Jazz not expected to be a major player... 13