The Westminster College men’s basketball team began 2014 by taking down Carroll, 80-55, in a Frontier Conference game Thursday night.
Westminster improved to 9-6 overall this season with the 25-point road win. The Griffins are now 2-0 in Frontier Conference action and have won two straight games. The loss drops Carroll to 5-8 overall and 0-2 in the league.
The Griffins dominated the game in the paint where they finished the game with a 50-24 advantage. They shot 54.8 percent from the floor — a season high — while also making six of their 14 attempts from beyond the arc. The Griffins outrebounded Carroll, 35-26, while forcing the home squad into 19 turnovers which resulted in 20 Griffin points.
Blake Skidmore recorded his fourth 20-point game of the season as the senior scored a game-high 22 points. He was 9-of-16 form the field and 2-of-5 from three with two assists and one steal. Tallon Robertson added 19 points and 12 rebounds for his fifth double-double of the year. Jordan Pryor added 12 points with three triples off the bench.
Carroll was led by 14 points and three assists from Zach Taylor. Jake Hollifield and Mick Jones added nine points apiece in the defeat.
Westminster now returns to the Behnken Field House for a home game against Montana Tech on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. MST.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26