Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 54
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27