Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 87
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25