Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Drew Clark: Can the Supreme Court find...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13