Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- Why LDS Church's anti-discrimination stance...
- What one word best describes Barack Obama?
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal, Affordable...
- What The New York Times gets wrong about...
- Michael Gerson: America has enough problems...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Yes, women and children...
- 18 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Letter: Antelope Island prison
- What The New York Times gets wrong... 77
- In our opinion: Fix, don't repeal,... 70
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: Utah... 50
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 42
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 38
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in... 37
- Jay Evensen: Will Obama visit Utah? Do... 37
- In our opinion: It's time for Utah to... 27