Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 31
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30