Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Michael Gerson: The new impression of Ebola...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 74
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 35
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29