Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Jonathan Johnson: The truth about sales tax...
- Dan Liljenquist: Increasing police officer pay
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 57
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 37
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 31
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 24
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23