Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 65
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20