Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive order...
- In our opinion: 70 mph — driving at the...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude...
- Letter: Where jobs come from 65
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 64
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 52
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- Letter: Acting on immigration 34