Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- Letter: Drones or privacy
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14