Nobody has the right to health care. We have needs, wants and desires, but we do not have the right to somebody else's time, knowledge or skill. We all have the need for food, clothing and shelter, but we do not have the right to the farmer's produce, the builder's houses nor the manufacturer's clothing items. Likewise, we do not have the right to doctors' time, knowledge and training.
A government that has the power to endow rights also has the power to take away your rights. That is a powerful and scary government. We as a nation are getting into deep trouble.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Letter: Uninformed candidate
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Where has the family values...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 138
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 86
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25