Woods Cross bank robbery marks 22nd along Wasatch Front since November
WOODS CROSS — Police responded to another bank robbery Thursday.
The incident marked the 22nd bank robbery along the Wasatch Front since Nov. 2, according to FBI statistics.
In the latest robbery, a man wearing a fake mustache and a San Francisco 49ers ball cap robbed Utah First Credit Union, 1520 S. 500 West, just after 1:30 p.m.
The suspect, described as a white man between 30 and 40 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and 160 pounds, left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Also on Thursday, the Salt Lake City Police Department asked for the public's help in locating a man they believed is responsible for three bank robberies. Investigators believe a man who always wears a hat or knit cap is responsible for bank robberies at:
Health Care Credit Union, 769 E. South Temple, on Dec. 24.
America First Credit Union, 3190 S. Richmond Ave., on Saturday.
University Credit Union, 2752 S. Redwood Road, West Valley City, on Tuesday.
The suspect is described as a white man, between 25 and 30 years old, who typically wears brown- or black-rimmed glasses and black gloves.
Police from several jurisdictions are also looking for suspects in other recent bank robberies:
A man partially dressed as Santa Claus allegedly robbed University of Utah Credit Union, 2755 S. Redwood Road, on Christmas Eve.
Also on Christmas Eve, another man robbed Health Care Credit Union, 769 E. South Temple.
Two men hired a cab to go to Brighton Bank, 1420 S. 300 West, and then allegedly robbed it Monday.
Also Monday in a separate incident, police arrested Jose Manuel de los Santos, 40, of Salt Lake City, for investigation of robbing Bank of Utah, 711 S. State. That robbery happened within minutes of the Brighton Bank robbery.
Detectives believe de los Santos is also responsible for robbing the same Brighton Bank, 1420 S. 300 West, on Dec. 12; and Zions Bank, 701 E. 400 South, on Dec. 13.
In another incident, U.S. Bank, 1575 S. Main, was robbed on Dec. 2. Mathew Lewis Brown, 37, was arrested a day later in connection with the incident.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 48
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 43
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12