Woods Cross bank robbery marks 22nd along Wasatch Front since November
WOODS CROSS — Police responded to another bank robbery Thursday.
The incident marked the 22nd bank robbery along the Wasatch Front since Nov. 2, according to FBI statistics.
In the latest robbery, a man wearing a fake mustache and a San Francisco 49ers ball cap robbed Utah First Credit Union, 1520 S. 500 West, just after 1:30 p.m.
The suspect, described as a white man between 30 and 40 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and 160 pounds, left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Also on Thursday, the Salt Lake City Police Department asked for the public's help in locating a man they believed is responsible for three bank robberies. Investigators believe a man who always wears a hat or knit cap is responsible for bank robberies at:
Health Care Credit Union, 769 E. South Temple, on Dec. 24.
America First Credit Union, 3190 S. Richmond Ave., on Saturday.
University Credit Union, 2752 S. Redwood Road, West Valley City, on Tuesday.
The suspect is described as a white man, between 25 and 30 years old, who typically wears brown- or black-rimmed glasses and black gloves.
Police from several jurisdictions are also looking for suspects in other recent bank robberies:
A man partially dressed as Santa Claus allegedly robbed University of Utah Credit Union, 2755 S. Redwood Road, on Christmas Eve.
Also on Christmas Eve, another man robbed Health Care Credit Union, 769 E. South Temple.
Two men hired a cab to go to Brighton Bank, 1420 S. 300 West, and then allegedly robbed it Monday.
Also Monday in a separate incident, police arrested Jose Manuel de los Santos, 40, of Salt Lake City, for investigation of robbing Bank of Utah, 711 S. State. That robbery happened within minutes of the Brighton Bank robbery.
Detectives believe de los Santos is also responsible for robbing the same Brighton Bank, 1420 S. 300 West, on Dec. 12; and Zions Bank, 701 E. 400 South, on Dec. 13.
In another incident, U.S. Bank, 1575 S. Main, was robbed on Dec. 2. Mathew Lewis Brown, 37, was arrested a day later in connection with the incident.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14