Editor's note: The following is part of a series featuring select materials intended to supplement the study of church curriculum for 2014.
"RETURN UNTO ME: Old Testament Messages of God's Love for You," by Kerry Muhlestein, Covenant Communications, $12.99, 133 pages (nf)
Kerry Muhlestein shows how God demonstrates his love for his children throughout the Old Testament in "Return to Me: Old Testament Messages of God's Love for You." He shares evidence from the scriptures of God’s love for even the foulest of sinners.
Muhlestein shows how God’s love is unchanging and constant no matter an individual’s current state. The author uses scriptural accounts about Moses, Hosea, Jeremiah, Job and many other prophets as well as personal experiences from his life. Muhlestein also encourages readers to evaluate their lives and link themselves to examples in the Old Testament.
A foundational knowledge of the Old Testament is not required, which makes "Return to Me" easy to read. Any prior knowledge of the Bible and the Book of Mormon would prove helpful for greater insights. The author gives background information on each prophet.
Muhlestein is an associate professor of ancient scripture at Brigham Young University. He and his wife have six children.
Micah Klug graduated with a bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration from Brigham Young University-Idaho. She lives in Rexburg, Idaho.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir members react to...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 284
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 86
- Religious groups react to Boy... 50
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 18
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10